The Raw Truth of Your Sublimation Volleyball Jersey:
It’s the hottest thing on the court. Most manufactures are making them and some of the hottest teams are wearing them; giving indoor volleyball not only a new look but a whole new personality. So let’s find out what sublimation really is.
Sublimation is a simple process of three things; water based ink, heat and pressure. Unlike other volleyball jerseys that use heat transfers or screen-printing, this process actually dyes the ink into the fabric leaving you with a smooth surface that will not crack or wash out. Before your volleyball jersey is made it starts our as a digital image that is printed on paper using a sublimation machine. Then the paper is removed and sent through a heat-press machine along with the fabric that is mostly comprised of polyester. This process is a slow process that takes place under intense 400-degree heat. During this time the dye sub inks, water based inks, are lifted from the sheet and dyed into the fabric. After this process is finished the fabrics are sewed together to create your unique customized volleyball jersey.
Sublimated volleyball jerseys are the new way to make your own unique statement on the court. This new process gives you the chance to choose any color or image to personalize your team’s volleyball jerseys. With less cons and more pros, its leaves you with not only the best looking uniform on the court, but the smartest. Sublimation is giving your game and volleyball jersey no Limits! Tell us at 1st Place Volleyball your thoughts on sublimated volleyball jerseys.
PROS: Never washes out, never cracks, any color or image, long lasting, no limits
CONS: May cause envy amongst opponents, random people may want pictures with you and you might catch yourself dancing in the mirror in your jersey
We carry Rox, Mizuno and Nike sublimated volleyball jerseys. Shop online or call us at 1.877.878.8327 for more information.
If you’ve done business with us before, you know Sales Executive, Mel Moore. She’s a workhorse both on and off the court. She is our Face of 1st Place featured employee this month. Here are a few fun and true facts:
Off the Court:
1. She is the volleyball guru; knowing anything and everything from indoor and outdoor. Chances are you have seen her at a tournament or two.
2. Mel has a fun spirit and is most often in the best mood. This opens a lot of doors for the office staff. Mel has been known to endure a few pranks and in return isn’t shy of mastering a few of her own.
3. She has worked for 1st Place Volleyball in Sales for 3 years. Putting together a team package with custom volleyball jerseys, shoes, spandex, you name it-she can do it, all while finding you the best price.
On the Court:
1. Her passion lives on the sand and she can be seen on weekends playing in beach volleyball tournaments around Florida. She’s known for quickness, a nasty jump serve and court awareness that picks off her opponents offense.
2. She may be scary to block or hit against and will most likely not appear friendly but her spirit carries on while she’s playing. She’s as friendly and goofy as a new kid in school. Give her a high five and try throwing some chinese her way; she’s been pursuing learning a new language.
Sales Executive, Melissa Moore, at the 2012 AVCA Final Four Convention
Courtney Davidson is this month’s featured Employee of 1st Place Volleyball. Davidson, a four year veteran, serves as the Creative Director in the Arts Department. When not designing your next jersey, you can find her handcrafting custom corn hole boards or finding her inner peace at random public places.
Courtney Davidson, 1st Place Volleyball Creative Director & Fungineer
Why she loves working at 1st Place Volleyball: “Everyday is different & you can expect anything to happen. It’s fun, loud, challenging, creative and most importantly…its volleyball.”
Motivational quote: “Go get ‘em tiger!”